Pelia Moss is the perfect supporting plant for the Guppy tank. It proliferates and covers a large area in the TankTank. The Guppy tank will have sufficient vegetation to create the hiding space. Guppies would enjoy the greenery around it. Pelia Moss will build natural habitat for the Guppies while supporting the aqua life at its fullest.
The Pelia moss plant is susceptible to temperature change. One of the characteristics of the Pelia moss that makes it suitable for the Guppy Tank is they are immune to sustain in the changing water condition. Even the growth of the chemicals in the water could not harm the plant.
Whenever the plant is having trouble growing, it shades away its natural color of the plant. Brown leaves are a clear indication of the difference in the water condition. The plant will have trouble growing within a few days and eventually die. The Pelia moss needs proper maintenance to stay fresh and support the ecosystem.
Table of Contents
- Are Guppies like to live with Pelia Moss?
- Are Guppies eating Pelia Moss?
- Will My Guppies Get Sick Quickly Eating Pelia Moss?
- Benefits of planting Pelia Moss in Guppy Tank
- Are Baby Guppies able to play with Pelia Moss?
- Is Pelia Moss safe for Guppy Breeding?
- Tips for cleaning Guppy Tank without damaging Pelia Moss
The companionship between the Guppy and the Pelia moss would be great because they complement each other with their presence. Guppy eats the algae growing on the leaves of the Pelia moss plant, preventing it from getting invaded by algae.
Are Guppies like to live with Pelia Moss?
Yes. Guppies would enjoy space covered with freshly grown Pelia moss plants. Pelia moss will simulate the natural habitat of the Guppies. Additionally, the Pelia moss is a plant that grows quite dense. As soon as it starts increasing, it will grow exponentially.
When the guppies enter the Pelia moss plant, they find themself safe because the dense region creates a natural hiding space. It has been seen the hiding space plays a critical role in reducing the stress and anxiety developed due to the fear of getting eaten by predators.
Breeding mostly happens in the dense region of the Pelia moss plant. Guppies also prefer the dense area of the plant to breed. It gives them a calm space to stay together and enjoy their time with their partner.
Fry cannot defend itself for the early few weeks; hence, they need some time to reach a decent growth level. When the guppies fry become conscious and ready to swim alone, they can freely leave the plant area and roam around in the water. Pelia moss ensures a high survival rate in the Guppies.
Are Guppies eating Pelia Moss?
Yes. The guppies sometimes find the Pelia moss a helpful plant to fulfill their nutrition requirement. Tiny leaves of the plant are easy to nibble. The Guppies would eat them whenever they had close encounters. Also, if you forget to feed your fish, the Pelia moss would be performed as emergency food. The Guppies can survive on the Pelia moss plant for a few days. However, you should place the Guppies on the Pelia moss diet plan. Guppies also need other vital nutrients that the Pelia moss plant cannot provide.
Dry or frozen warms, mosquito larvae, and pallets should be added to the regular diet plant to support the Guppy’s survival. Nutrition deficiencies could cause the Guppies to develop stress. Lowering the immune system would make them susceptible to virus attacks. Health problems could occur in the Guppies. In the worst-case scenario, the guppies could die.
Will My Guppies Get Sick Quickly Eating Pelia Moss?
No. The possibility of the Guppies getting sick by eating the Pelia moss is the lowest. The reason for that is the plant does not produce any harmful chemicals. Eating the leaves of the plant could not affect the health of the guppies.
The problem with the Pelia moss plant is that it could become a house of various viruses and bacteria. Moreover, algae growth could occur if the condition is suitable for them.
While eating the leaves of the Pelia moss plant, harmful bacteria could enter the guts of the Guppies, which may cause various health issues. The only way to prevent the health problem in the guppies is to keep them on a fixed diet so they do not bother eating the plant leaves.
Benefits of planting Pelia Moss in Guppy Tank
The Pelia moss plant offers several benefits to the Guppies. We will talk about it in detail in this article.
- Pelia moss simulates the natural habitat of the Guppies, making them feel at home.
- The Pelia moss plant in the TankTank can control stress and anxiety in the Guppies.
- Controls the water condition, such as pH level and CO2 development.
- Pelia moss plants keep the water oxygenated. The released oxygen is the by-product of the photosynthesis process conducted by the plant.
- Pelia moss is going to be for control the water temperature by reducing the pH level. Chemicals developed in the plant would get absorbed by the plant, which leads to a controlled environment.
- The Pelia moss plant would be the perfect alternative for the emergency food supply. Guppies could eat the plant leaves whenever the food supply is limited.
These factors make the Pelia moss the perfect choice for the Guppies tank.
Are Baby Guppies able to play with Pelia Moss?
Yes. Pelia moss is the perfect plant for Baby guppies. Baby guppies would find the Pelia moss more fascinating because the plant’s dense region would help them enjoy swimming around it. While providing a secure hiding space for the plant, Guppy’s baby will enjoy the chase. Baby guppies also like to nibble the tiny leaves of the plant. The Pelia moss plant will offer them small leaves to nibble and get the necessary nutrition.
Is Pelia Moss safe for Guppy Breeding?
Yes. Pelia moss is a safe plant for guppies breeding. It offers perfect conditions for the guppies to breed and produce babies. The dense region of the plant provides sufficient hiding space for pairs of guppies.
They will enjoy the naturally developed caves, tunnels, and green forests around them. Guppies grow faster and breed more often when they are not worried about their survival. Female Guppy gives birth to babies only when they find themselves in a safe environment.
Overall the Pelia moss would be the perfect plant in the Guppies tank. The plant is also beginner friendly, so if you make any mistakes while using it, there will not be many consequences.
Tips for cleaning Guppy Tank without damaging Pelia Moss
Below given tips will help you clean the guppy tank without damaging the Pelia moss plant. Follow the instructions carefully to clean the TankTank without hurting the fish and plants safely.
- Using the hose to remove dirt at the bottom would clean the water.
- Perform the 25% water change every week to keep the harmful chemicals in control.
- Use powerful filtration to suck the tiny substance buildup in the water. Clean the filter regularly to keep the waste product out of the water.
- Reduce the filter’s flow because the fast-moving water would spread the waste product everywhere in the TankTank.
- Place algae eater fish in the TankTank. The fish will keep the Pelia moss plant clean because they only eat algae, not plant leaves.
The Pelia moss plant would support the Guppies to live a healthy life in the fish tank. As the plant grows, it will start enhancing the water condition. Besides that, the plant doesn’t need special treatment.
Once you place the plant in the tank, it will naturally thrive in the water. The Pelia moss plant requires sufficient light exposure for the food product. Use the UV lights to provide the light source, and everything will be fine.